Tuesday 30 October 2012

TRIP to Akosombo Dam & the Volta Lake in Ghana



On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 we went to Akosombo to view the Volta Lake and the Akosombo Dam. The Volta Lake is the biggest man-made lake in the world. The Akosombo Dam is built on the Volta Lake in the South Eastern part of Ghana. The Akosombo Dam used to generate power for all of Ghana but now it can’t supply all of Ghana. This is because there are more houses, more people and more electric gadgets in the country.
The Akosombo Dam on the Volta Lake
Volta Lake at Akosombo

Me drinking Sprite at the Volta Hotel





Volta Hotel
Grandpa at the Volta Hotel
View of the Dam from the Hotel
Me eating chicken and chips
Dad, mom, Fiifi and Grandpa went with me. When we arrived I saw the Akosombo Dam. A few minutes later it started to rain so we got into the car and drove to Volta Hotel. That was where we ate. I ate chicken and chips. My Dad ate Kokor and my brother ate the same as me. My mom and grandpa didn’t eat anything. Then we left the hotel but before we left, grandpa paid and we went home.



The ferry loading point on Lake Volta

Me near the Volta Lake
Me picking rocks for my science work

Me and my family


                                                     
Grandpa telling me about how the lake was formed
Map of the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment